Scholarship Information for New Conductors
(return to Choral School home page)
The René Clausen Music Company will be offering two full tuition scholarships (value $519 each) for high school conductors completing either their first or second year. The scholarship money is being made available to inspire conductors early in their careers and surround them with supportive colleagues.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Currently employed full-time conducting a high school choral program
2. Completing either first or second year of teaching
1. Submit a brief resumé of choral activities and accomplishments. This resumé should include name, address, phone number and email address.
2. Submit a maximum 700 word essay answering the following two questions:
What was the principal motivating factor in your decision to become a choral conductor?
And secondly, can you briefly describe your philosophy of choral music education?
3. Applications must be received by
May 31, 2011June 20th, 2011 and may either be or 'snail mailed' to René Clausen Choral School, Scholarship Application, PO Box 162, Hawley, MN 56549-8982.
Application materials will not be returned. Those awarded scholarships will be notified by July 1, 2011. Applicants are responsible for their own transportation, housing and meals.
To receive discounts on René Clausen recordings, and new composition announcements subscribe to our list below: